Class 10 science chapter 6 life processes mcqs
Life Processes mcqs – Here are important mcqs of Class 10 Science chapter 6 Life Processes. Students can prepare their term 1 exam 2021-22.
All the questions are important for the students. All questions have been prepared for the best preparation by our expert team. Objective type questions are the part of the term 1 board exam 2021-22.
CBSE introduced the new pattern for board examination for the session of 2021-22. Term 1 exam of MCQ questions. And term 2 exam of subjective exams.
Class 10 – Science objective type questions -2
Chapter 6 Life Processes
Quiz -2 (1- Mark Questions)
(1) The part of the digestive system where no digestion takes place is
Ans – (b) Stomach
(2) Blood pressure is measured by an instrument called
Ans – (b) sphygmomanometer
(3) Which part of alimentary canal receives bile from the liver? [NCERT Exemplar Problems]
(b) Small intestine
(c) Large intestine
Ans – (b) Small intestine
(4) When air is blown from mouth into a test-tube containing lime water, the lime water turns milky due to the presence of ? [NCERT Exemplar Problems]
(b) carbon dioxide
(d) water vapour
Ans – (b) Carbon dioxide
(5) The filtration units of kidneys are called [NCERT Exemplar Problems]
Ans – (d) Nephrons
(6) Oxygen liberated during photosynthesis comes from [NCERT Exemplar Problems]
(c) carbon dioxide
Ans – (a) Water
(7) The opening and closing of the stomatal pore depends upon [NCERT Exemplar Problems]
(b) water in guard cells
(d) concentration of CO2 in stomata
Ans – (b) Water in guard cells
(8) Normal blood pressure (systolic/diastolic) is
(a) 120/60 mm of Hg
(b) 160/80 mm of Hg
(c) 120/80 mm of Hg
(d) 180/80 mm of Hg
Ans – (c) 120/80 mm of Hg
(9) Which of the following elements excreted by plants ?
(a) CO₂ (b) Chlorophyll
(c) Gums and resins (d) None of these
Ans – (c) Gums and resins
10. An _________ is a device to remove nitrogenous waste products from the blood through dialysis
(a) Artificial Heart (b) Transplanted lever
(c) Artificial Kidney (d) None of these
Ans – (c) Artificial Kidney
In the following Questions, the assertion and reason are given. Read the statement carefully and choose the answers from the following:
(a) Both the assertion and reasons are correct and reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
(b) The assertion and the reason are correct but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
(c) Assertion is true but the reason is false
(d) Assertion is false and Reason is true
(11) (a) Assertion: Human Being has a complex respiratory system.
(b) Reason: Oesophagus carries the food from mouth to stomach.
(12) (a) Assertion: All proteins in our food are digested in small intestine only.
(b) Reason: Enzymes for digesting the proteins are released on small intestine.
(13) (a) Assertion: Human heart does not allow mixing of oxygen rich blood with carbon dioxide rich blood.
(b) Reason: Human heart has four chambers which separated by septum.
(14) (a) Assertion: The filtration units of kidneys are called Nephrons.
(b) Reason: Some substances like glucose, amino acids, salts etc filter in this filtration unit.
(15) (a) Assertion: Dialysis is the process of filtering the blood.
(b) Reason: Carbon di oxide is also remove through dialysis.
Ans (11) (b)
(16) Fill ups –
(i) The photosynthesis process uses as reactants ________ , _________, ________ and ________ .
(ii) The movement in which food is taken from mouth to stomach using oesophagus ___________.
(iii) Iodine turns blue-black on reacting with _______.
(iv) The actual exchange of gases takes place in the_______ of the lungs.
- Gums and resins are the ________ products of the plants.
Ans – (16) (i) Sunlight, Carbon dioxide, Water and chlorophyll
(ii) Peristalsis movement